Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Who's ready for spring?

Me, me, ooohhh pick me! (Can you see me bouncing around over here?) I am so excited to see the grass peeking through the snow, to be able to go outside without a coat, to be able to drive with the windows down, to hear the birds....oh, I could go on and on :cD  Now, granted, I live in Ohio and we got a snow storm last year around Easter (I remember joking why color the eggs? Its easier to hide white, uncolored eggs in the snow LOL) but I am hoping that we won't get a repeat of last year. I even made a new set of pin toppers to show my excitement. What do you think?
Ok, I need a real camera, I know. But besides that? :cP  I'm pretty happy with them. I'd have to say my favorite is the little caterpiller, he's just cuter than cute. I think I've definetly found a "new" hobby too. I love working with the clay in a smaller scale.  They are just fun to make.  Got another small project done.  I have about a zillion safety pins for basting and have been wanting something cute to hold them all, so I turned this....

into this...

It looks a lot prettier sitting wherever it is I'm working than the plastic box I had, and wont spill like the other basket I was using for a while.  I got to put this to use, too, when I got this quilt basted and was able to start the quilting too.

This is the 30s baby quilt on the BLCE list. I knew how I wanted to quilt the stars, I'm still deciding on the open space, but I know I'm going to fill it in somehow.

Finally, I just have to say how thankful and content I am feeling today. Although I still have some very tough days and things aren't always easy, today is one of the days I woke up just feeling good. When I think about it all, I do have so much to be thankful for...two wonderful kids, a cozy home, food in my belly, time and energy to devote to my hobbies, warmer weather that lets me get outside to exercise.  I am also thankful to all of you who visit me here, and let me just chatter away. I know there is someone up there who is looking out for me, and even the trials I go through are for a reason, and help to make me who I am. This is one of the days I know I can face anything, and get through it!  I hope all of you out there, no matter what situations you face today, can find something to be thankful for, and find a sense of contentment today.

Well, I am going to get on my way here, so much to do and I actually have the spring in my step today to try to get it all done :cD Hope you all have a wonderful day. Warmest counry wishes!!

4 comments:

QuiltedSimple said...

i love your pin toppers - they are way to cute! we heard this morning low 60's today - it will feel like a heat wave. now if all the snow would disappear it would be perfect out. have a great day
kris
p.s. - your star quilt is lovely - have you shown that one before? I don't think i've seen it....

Sweet P said...

I love you pin toppers too! We are still in the upper 40's - low 50s, with some snow on the ground. Soon it will be mud season.

Terry said...

Love the pins! I need something like that to brighten up my pincushion! :0)

Zlaty said...

What a lovely pretty pins! Spring is coming! :)))

I love your 30" s baby quilt! Lovely basket, too!

Happy sewing!