Saturday, March 26, 2011

Hey all you crocheters out there

So, I was at the grocery store the other day when on my way out I stopped by the magazines.  The current issue of Crochet World caught my eye with its cute little crocheted lamb so I picked it up, flipped through it really quick, then decided what the heck and took it with me up to the check out.  When I got home I took a longer look through it and there are a ton of great patterns in there!  First off there is a hat pattern by CrochetDad that is just beautiful.  He is a member of the Jean Leinhauser 101 Crochet Blocks group with me on Ravelry, and my kids thought it was really cool that I "knew" him :)  Further into the magazine I found pattern after pattern of things that I will probably make eventually, but one jumped out at me and one I just had to do now.  It is called Hearts and Flowers Afghan.  It has bright, popcorn stitch flowers in the middle of softly shaped hearts on a black background, and I totally fell in love with it the second I saw it.  So despite the fact that I have so many other things I want to make and that I am currently working on, I have decided that I am going to challenge myself to work on this one a little at a time and make one square a day, and I wondered if there is anyone else out there that is also working on this one or wants to.   It takes 154 squares to make the afghan in the magazine, so it won't be finished anytime soon at that rate, but it  makes it doable for me.  So with that I set to making my first few squares (I even joined 2 just to see what that process was like, I've never done it before), and here is what I have...

I have a few more made that I don't have pictures of just yet, but I am up to 6, so I still have a way to go, but so far I just love it.  So all you crocheters out there, if you are working on this, made this, or want to crochet this along with me, please let me know cause I would love to see your projects/progress.

On a quilty note, is anyone out there still working on this...

I can't believe its been so long since I started this.  I joined the postage stamp quilt along on Handmade by Heidi's blog when it started last February and started off so well, then got sidetracked by teaching myself to knit, and , well.....     This is where I am at now, and I am making progress again.  I have decided I am not using the block center in the bottom row, so I think I still have 13 or so "blocks" to go and have challenged myself to make at least one a week until I get it done.
So it looks like I've got my work cut out for me with my self-imposed challenges (not to mention the two crochet-along groups I'm in on Ravelry, my row by row challenge, and knitting and quilting for a friend who is expecting her second son soon.)  Busy busy busy, but that's the way I like it :cD

Hope you are all having a good weekend.  I am working as usual, but have a surprise in store for the kiddos this Sunday which should be a lot of fun then we head into spring break.  With that I am off and running again ;cD  Warmest wishes to you!!

Country Mouse

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Those little hearts are really sweet. I too have started a crochet blanket this week in spite of having sooo many UFO's . Mine are crocheted hexagons from the pattern at Attic24 blog. Have you been there yet ? Some really good stuff. Have a lovely weekend xx

Blogger said...

Did you hear there is a 12 word sentence you can speak to your man... that will induce deep emotions of love and impulsive attractiveness for you buried inside his chest?

Because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's instinct to love, please and care for you with all his heart...

12 Words Who Fuel A Man's Desire Impulse

This instinct is so hardwired into a man's genetics that it will drive him to try harder than ever before to make your relationship as strong as it can be.

Matter of fact, triggering this mighty instinct is absolutely binding to having the best possible relationship with your man that the instance you send your man one of these "Secret Signals"...

...You will instantly find him expose his soul and heart for you in a way he's never experienced before and he'll see you as the only woman in the world who has ever truly attracted him.