Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Life...the good, the bad and the interesting

Hi all, its the beginning of another week and things are crazy as ever.  Let me start off and get the "bad" part of  my title out of the way.  Even after getting new shoes, both running and work, my left foot is still bugging me.  Long story short, as much as I hate the thought of it, I am going to HAVE TO take some time off from running.  I'm still going to try to get out there and walk since its lower impact, and try to do some yoga just in case it is muscular and/or due to inflexibility, but boy does that just suck!!  I was really starting to make progress again, and now I'm just hoping to maintain and recover.  Weird part is, the pain is worse after I've been sitting for a while. When I'm on my feet and moving around (like doing housework and such) its pretty much OK...odd.  Hopefully I'll be able to get back out there again soon.

The good is that I've been crafting away and coming up with new ideas that will get me digging into my fabrics again :cD  I've been making progress on my sweater, and am hoping to have it done in time to wear to the family get together on Thanksgiving...wish me luck!  I've also been playing around with the amigurumi.  I recently bought Amigurumi Two and have made a couple little cuties from it.
 Then I got brave and modified and combined a couple patterns to come up with this little octo-cutie :cD


Finally, on to the interesting.  First off we had school conferences which went well, and interestingly enough the conversation with my daughter's teacher turned toward crafting.  I had mentioned that I sew as well as knit and recently started crocheting.  It turns out her teacher is a knitter as well, and  raises sheep and spins the wool into yarn herself. How cool is that.  She even has pictures of her sheep in her classroom :)  Then it was time for my son's teacher.  About a year ago my son was diagnosed with PDD.  It is a condition just outside the autism spectrum.  Academically, he is very bright, but he can have problems on the social side.  Well, we came to find out his homeroom teacher (his grade has 2 teachers they work with) has a child with the same condition so he totally "gets" my son.  I can't tell you how nice it is to know he has such an understanding teacher.  I am so thankful for that!!

Speaking of being thankful, I just have to share this.  Believe it or not, we have a radio station that is playing all Christmas music already!  Now not that I don't like Christmas music, I love it in fact, but I can't help but want to scream "Hey, there IS a holiday between Halloween and Christmas, you know?!?!"  I sometimes think its kind of sad how Thanksgiving gets overlooked.  Its one of my favorite holidays.  I have lots to be thankful for, and love the time to reflect on that with friends and family.  And as one of my friends likes to say, it may just be the best holiday of the year...all the friends, family, togetherness and food of other holidays without the financial burden.  Just a time to be together, and I love that.

Well, I am off again.  Hope you all have a great week!!
Country Mouse

1 comment:

Anita said...

Hi Country Mouse, I had to laugh when you mentioned having a school conference and end up talking about crafts!!! Isn't it amazing how people gravitate to crafts? Hope you have fun making all those little creatures, I'm into making little knitted creatures at the moment myself. Kind regards, Anita.