Monday, January 17, 2011

Baby, its cold INSIDE!!

Hi all, hope you're all having a great weekend.  Me?  Well.....let me explain my title.

I work weekends.  No big deal.  My Saturday started off as usual, got up, dropped my fiancee off at his job, walked on the treadmill, took care of some things around the house.  All was going pretty well.  So off to work I go.  Fast forward 8 hours....when we get home the house is COLD.  Our furnace had shut off.  We flipped a reset switch and figured it would be fine.  The furnace shut off 2 minutes later.  We flipped the switch again.  Again the furnace shut off 2 minutes later.  And again, and again, and one more time.  Finally we just decided to start a fire in the fireplace, warmed up the house that way then headed off to bed when the fire was out.  Well, we woke up to this....

Yup, that is a crappy picture, and yup that reads 50 degrees!  So we called and got  a repair man here asap.  After looking at the furnace he informed us the induction motor is bad and needs replaced.   Aaaaarrrrggggg!  So since he is unable to get the motor needed until tomorrow morning DF and I are playing camp out in the living room, and the mouselings are having a sleepover at grandma and grandpa's for the night.  I've never been so thankful to have a fireplace in my whole life!!

It hasn't all been bad though.  My mom and dad made a visit and brought me a present.

I am so totally excited!  Its all the yarn I need to make my short sleeve cable sweater.  I'm so glad I had mentioned it to my mom, especially since they never did restock at my local Jo-Anns store    :(  So I have been sitting by the fire working on my sweater tonight.

I also started a second group of blocks for the Ravelry crochet a-long 2011.  I really like these colors, they are just soft white and mellonberry both Red Heart Super Saver yarns.  I am making both the 12 inch and 6 inch blocks for this one.




I also got some quilting started on the blue and yellow quilt.  Yes, I said quilting....now no one faint on me out there.  I will have pictures to share next post.

Well, its getting late in our neck of the woods and everyone has the day off tomorrow so I am gonna head off and rest up for what should be a day full of fun and family.  Hope you all have a great one.  Warmest country wishes!!

Country Mouse

4 comments:

julieQ said...

Brrrrr!! That was sure a cold morning for you out there!! I am so glad for your new yarn, how fun to have a yarn stash!!

Anita said...

I bet you were excited to get that nice collection of yarn!! I would've been over the moon. Wouldn't like our heating to buzz out on us like that...hope they fix it soon. Kind regards, Anita.

Renee said...

I love the color of your new yarn. It's so soft and crisp at the same time. Hope your heat situation is resolved soon. Too cold for that business. lol. Take care.

Health is Wealth said...

Apna Showroom Baby Boys and Baby Girl's Woollen Sweaters Designer - awesome - Attractive (Multicolour, 0-3 Months)
Apna_showroom_Hair clip clutcher for Girls or ladies or women combo (Premium Quality) with desent look
Designer hair clutcher for girls women (12 piece) Premium quality | Apna Showroomwith desent look
Apna Showroom Baby Girls' Plastic Hair Clutcher Clips Combo (Multicolour, Small)-35 Pieceswith desent look
Ladies Bra Combo Pack Cotton Offer for Girls Ladies| Size 32 - Apna_Showroom Designer - Fancy - Attractive
Apna Showroom Socks for 2-3 Years Boys or Girls Combo Pack (12 Piece) - Designer - Fancy - Attractive
Apna Showroom - Designer Fancy Cotton Baby Socks for 2-5 Years Combo Girls or Boys with desent Look - Designer - Fancy - Attractive