Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Makes me Happy Monday...on Tuesday (or Where have I been?)

Hi all, I know its been a while since I've been around but I have been in a bit of an emotional slump up until about a day ago. I really try to keep my blog upbeat...I figure you all probably have enough drama without hearing about my dealing with ex issues, disappointment with on-line sites and life issues and stuff...so I thought it just better to keep a little distance until it all blew over for the most part. I have been trying to get out and walk to get some fresh air, and keep myself busy.  So anyway, here I am feeling much happier and ready to spread the cheer, even if it is a day late ;cD


So, despite the "stuff" going on around here I have been trying to keep an eye on what makes me happy, and what is that? Well, right now it is the creative process. I know that no matter how stressful life gets I can pick up a needle, thread and fabric or some yarn and sticks and create something special. I remember when I used to watch my mom knit and think I could never do that. I remember going to shops and seeing beautiful quilts and thinking I would never be able to make one. Now here I am doing both, even if I am concentrating on one more than the other right now, just the feeling of making something is sooo satisfying, and happiness inducing. I have been keeping my hands busy and my mind soothed by knitting for a couple friends the last week and a half. First I made a second cable bag as well as a cute little bag for a friend.
Then I made a bib and baby booties for a co-worker who is expecting her first baby. I plan on making a hat to go with it yet, and maybe I'll try a little sweater. I figure it would give me some garment experience without undertaking something too big.  I'm also pulling fabric for a quilt for her (him). I was going to give her the star quilt, but every time I look at it all I see is the pink and can't help but think "girl".

I also got to check out one of the local yarn stores, and am looking forward to squeezing in some time to check out the one that is less than 10 minutes from me. It is a yarn shop and cafe...sounds PERFECT :cD

I have also been doing much better about getting out and walking. It is another thing that helps me to feel better. I had gotten into the habit of just closing myself off and staying inside when I was feeling down. Totally the wrong thing to do, I KNOW the sunshine (if its out there) and fresh air will help immensely...and it has. As the days are going by and walking is becoming habit I have a faint glimmer of hope that maybe just maybe I'll be able to get myself back into running again :cD  How could anyone not want to get out and see stuff like this?




I've also gotten myself involved over at Ravelry. What a great site!! I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is into knitting or crochet. Lots of projects, inspiration and great people!

Other than that my life feels a bit like the movie Groundhog Day. You know, a bit of a repeat of the day before and the day before that and the day before that and....not necessarily a bad thing, but sometimes a bit boring :cP  Right now I am off to catch up on some blog reading and maybe a little more crafting. Hope you all have a great one. Warmest country wishes!!
Country Mouse

1 comment:

QuiltedSimple said...

So glad you are back and better. The bag is so cute - and I LOVE the booties - I haven't been brave enough to try them yet....lol.

Hasn't this weather been wierd? Although I do hear high 70's this weekend with rain - I am so tired of all this COLD. At least the sun is out today - this weekend was horrible.

Have a great day!

Kris