Saturday, December 5, 2009

Some progress and a finish!

Hi everyone! Boy did this past week fly, I can't believe its been a week already since my last post. Things have been going pretty well. Its nice to have a breather once in a while :) Life has been busy, school, work, keeping up with the housework, and still finding time to sew. But I have to say that overall I'm quite happy with things right now. Could they be better, yes...but they could always be worse so I'm pretty darned content ;) I've been able to make some progress on my Charming Windows. I was able to add two rows this past week. I was in the mood for some hand sewing this week so this is the project that came out to play. I am so in love with this quilt, I'm not sure how big its going to end up, I've just decided that I'm going to buy a yard of the background I'm using and when its all gone (or the quilt has gotten big enough for my taste) then it will be done. I also love the fact that I'm actually making one of those "someday-I'm-gonna" type quilts (you know the type...Grandma's flower garden, Double wedding ring, Cathedral windows, Apple core...you know;) )





I'm also happy to share a finish! I got the kitty quilt done. I did go ahead and add hearts to the kitty bellies. I think its a cute one. I'm still deciding where its going to end up, gifted, sold, or staying with us since my one mouseling just loves kitty cats:D

Finally the family and I got to watch Kung Fu Panda this past week, we hadn't seen it before and all thought it was a very cute movie. One line stuck out to me and I thought it was a great line to live by. I don't remember the character who said it (I think it was the turtle) but it went something like this....Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present. I try to remember that each day IS a gift. No matter what hardships I may face there is someone above who is watching out for me and will help me make it through any situation I may face. I try to remember that everything happens for a reason, and everything I experience I can learn and grow from. That it may be something I can help someone else with in the future. That in the end I should always be thankful for the gift that is "the present" and live with gratitude and joy.

Well, I am off again. We have a busy week ahead of us...field trip on Monday, a birthday mid-week, shopping, and of course all the regular day to day stuff. I have my flannel washed for the string quilt and found out I have backing AND batting for a top already at home so hopefully I can get another finish in before the end of the year. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!! Warmest country wishes,

Country Mouse

2 comments:

Scrappy-Quilter said...

I love the kitty quilt and your charming quilt is gorgeous. I remember when you started working on it. The quote from the movie struck me too. I had to rewind it and listen to it again. It is too. Each day is a gift a blessing no matter what we have on our plates it could be worse. Make the best of this day and see what tomorrow brings. ((HUGS!!))

QuiltedSimple said...

Both of these are lovely - the kitty one needs to stay with you!!! And what a great quote - something we should all try to remember. Hugs to you all
Kris